Monday, April 21, 2014

Here's the Week!

Let me see, let me see what we did this week -

After i emailed you, we went to "go hiking" with Sister M, but didn't' really know where we were going, so we just explored - we found a fun little park, some cherry blossoms that I wanted to see before they all died, the Blue house (equivalent of the white house, but more awesome because it has a huge grand mountain in the background), the old typical tourist palace, where we found out that we could use some costumes for free - hence the picture. Awesome. 
After Prep Day, we…went through more records. Hooray. I'm pretty sure we could form a stake or two with the number of people who are on record in our room.
Tuesday, referred a brother investigator to the Elders, met with a sister our age who we hadn't seen for over a month, went over more records with a sister in our ward who probably remembers everything about everyone who has been in the ward since she was baptized, and English class.
Wednesday -
I've kind of given the low-down about what we did with people in my letter to the President~ so I'm just going to talk from here on out-

It was a good week full of lots of great experiences, but looking back, it wasn't so much events as really fantastic personal studies and a powerful lesson or two, getting down a missionary skill or two…I felt like I learned a lot about the Savior this week, about His Atonement, and about love. 
In Korea, a few days ago, I'm not sure if you heard about it on the news, but a large ship sank with over 200 high school students on it. It's been a real tragedy over here, and there have been a few people turning to us for answers - I think that is one of the deepest questions, where God is amidst all these tragedies.
And among these times, I prayed for an opportunity to feel and understand the enabling power of Christ's Atonement better - not just for those of us who sin, which I've learned more about too, but also for those of us who need the little bit extra help, or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment