Monday, May 19, 2014

Korea is great this week - We got to help a sister in the English branch (they meet in a building in the other mission, so we can't cross the border, but we can meet with the members on this side of the river) who is having really difficult family situations right now. Really difficult. We don't know all the details, but anyway - we helped her to clean her house for a little bit, and talked with her - we shared a couple scriptures, that must have been picked by the spirit - a scripture from her husband's missionary plaque, and another that was fairly direct instruction from God - Mosiah 5:15:

Therefore, I would that ye should be steadfast and immovable, always abounding in good works, that Christ, the Lord God Omnipotent, may seal you his, that you may be brought to heaven, that ye may have everlasting salvation and eternal life, through the wisdom, and power, and justice, and mercy of him who created all things, in heaven and in earth, who is God above all. Amen.
It's amazing to see and learn a bit of how the Lord works, He sometimes just gives us a comfort of something that we used to know, like a little note to tell us He loves us. I feel like I search so hard for direction sometimes that I overlook the kind notes He leaves for me, the small and big miracles, in which He confirms that he answers prayers. I promise he answers your prayers, if you will just ask. Another miracle in that house that day was to feel the power of my calling as a missionary. As we were closing, I prayed for the family, and I imagine it was something along the experience of giving a blessing, where the spirit was very present, guiding my words, as I tried to voice the impressions that touched me. (It's kind of hard! But fantastic :)) (We're advised not to ask you to join us in special fasts, but she asked that if you feel inclined, if you could fast for her. She is amazing and has learned well where strength comes from.)


There have been some other tough things this week: my crazy mind running away from me, and our recent convert decided to stop coming to church or meeting us, because she's disappointed in people. We're fasting and praying for her.  She stopped listening to things we were trying to do to help her to feel the Spirit. But! "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me"! (Phil 4:13)
We also went on an exchange - it was really nice to get out of our house and go be a missionary! The pictures  - a brother in the bishopric who loves the sister missionaries (super funny) brought us lots of snacks and a watermelon and sends us that text :P And then in the other picture, doesn't it look like we're eating butter? It's ice cream :)
 


Study: Patience. Patience with myself, with others, and a larger perspective. I miss it. I have a long way to build again. But I was guided to Psalms 27, especially verse 14 ("Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord."), which was my life and blood in the MTC. I forgot about it, but it was good to be reminded to wait on the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment